Morris Academic Partners (MAP)
The University of Minnesota Morris offers the Morris Academic Partnership (MAP) program, in which faculty select academically talented, qualified second-year and third-year students to assist them in scholarly and creative projects. Selected MAP students undertake assignments intended to enhance their intellectual competence and increase their interest in graduate or professional study.
We also offer MAPs that begin in the summer and continue through the academic year. The stipends offered for these MAPs are $2,000 for summer and $2,000 each of the following two semesters.
- The MAP program is available to academically talented sophomores and juniors (by credit status).
- Students are only eligible for one summer, one fall, and one spring MAP during their academic career at UMN Morris.
- A Morris Academic Partner is expected to have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 at the time of selection.
- A Morris Academic Partner is required to carry a minimum of 12 credits during the semester(s) in which the MAP is awarded.
- Stipends are paid out directly to the student’s financial aid account at the beginning of each term.
- Stipends are non-renewable.
- A MAP stipend takes the place of any other work-study assignment. No other on-campus work may be carried out for the duration of the partnership (e.g., student work study; CA, HR, or TA positions;or other stipends).
- A Morris Academic Partner is not on an hourly payroll. As a guideline, MAP projects should average 8–10 hours of student involvement per week.
- A MAP is not available for credit.
- A faculty member completes the MAP Application Form
- The Dean’s Office notifies the applicant and the student of the decision via campus email.
Final reports from both the student and the MAP supervisor are due in the Dean’s Office on May 1.
MAP Application Form
MAP Final Supervisor Evaluation Form
MAP Final Student Evaluation Form